Solid Cactus®, an award-winning web design company and total e-commerce solutions provider, announced its 4th quarter donations to worthy area organizations from its “Solid Cactus Cares” fund administered by the Luzerne Foundation. 10 organizations will be the recipients of cash grants, website construction or in-kind print design services from Solid Cactus for a total value of $12,500. Since its inception, the Solid Cactus Cares program has made more than $60,000 in cash and in-kind grants.
“Solid Cactus team members are the driving force behind the Solid Cactus Cares program,” said president and co-founder Scott Sanfilippo. “Our people contribute to the charitable fund by holding in-house fundraisers and by payroll deduction.”
“Unlike most grant makers, we don’t accept open applications for grants. All organizations must be sponsored by an employee. Our employees have a diverse background and each brings their unique perspective to where need exists in the community. They nominate, rally support, and vote for the organizations they feel deserve grants,” added Sanfilippo.
The following organizations will be receiving contributions from Solid Cactus Cares this quarter:
- Great Valley Technology Alliance Computer Contest
- Dear Jack Foundation
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life
- Junior Achievement of NEPA, Inc.
- YMCA of Greater Pittston
- SPCA of Luzerne County’s Spay & Neuter Fund
- SPCA of Luzerne County’s Print & E-mail Newsletters (In-Kind)
- Shriners’ Hospital for Children
- F.M. Kirby Center for the Performing Arts
- Junior Leadership Wilkes-Barre
- Temple Israel, Wilkes-Barre (In-Kind)
- The Junior League of Wilkes-Barre (In-Kind)