I think I only pulled an all-nighter once or twice in my life and both instances centered around an emergency.
I’m getting ready to test my ability to stay awake for 24 hours on Thursday as CreateAThon kicks off bright and early at 8am. (You may remember in a previous blog post I chatted with Catherine Shafer of CDS Creative about this years CreateAThon.) When the first cup of coffee offically gets poured, Catherine’s team of volunteers will start working on marketing projects for:
- Music Box Players, Swoyersville
- Avenues (Lessie’s Garden), Pottsville
- Columbia County Volunteers in Medicine, Mifflilnville
- Montgomery Foundation, Norristown
- Telespond Senior Services, Scranton
- Lackawanna Branch Association for the Blind, Scranton
- Voluntary Action Center, Scranton
- St. Joseph’s Center Outpatient Therapy Program, Scranton
- West Pittston Library
- Hoyt Library, Kingston
- Junior Achievement of NEPA, Pittston
- Fallen Officers Remembered
- Catholic Social Services, Wilkes-Barre
- ARC of Luzerne County, Wilkes-Barre
- Concerned Parents of the Hazleton Area
Websites will be built, marketing plans will be formulated, logos will be created and billboards designed all during a hectic 24 hours. The organizations who are the beneficiaries of this year’s event will be presented with the creations Friday morning at 9am. All the work is being done at no charge to the organization as the “creators” donate their time, talent and resources.
I’m going to be on hand for the entire event blogging, vlogging, Facebooking and Twittering around the clock. I’ll be interviewing the volunteers, posting status reports and passing out the No-Doz. It’s going to be an exciting 24 hours and I hope you follow us every step of the way!
For more information on CreateAThon, visit the official website at https://www.createathon.org.
For more information on CDS Creative, visit https://www.cdscreative.com.
If you haven’t done so yet, follow me on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/scottsanfilippo